Day 99 - Typical Saturday Night

Since Last Post -
Left the Office around 10pm yesterday and whilst watching the football drank a a bottle and a half of Cabernet Shiraz.  Didn't Fall asleep anywhere, managed to put myself into bed before midnight and doze off watching some late night TV.

Day 99 - Family Haircuts and Day Outing
Spent the morning listening (enduring) the shrill exclamations of our family hairdresser.  He's a fifty year old married foster carer who currently has three foster children from a challenging background.  The sullen kids mope around and seek attention and interaction - and I try to share with them and play Mousetrap and show interest but at the same time manage my children and nurse a dull hangover.

Shared general angriness and frustration at simple things like the car being low on fuel. Was embarrassed at myself for yelling and exposing the frustration gene to my daughters.

By lunchtime we're on the road and head home - I crash on the couch and fall asleep for an hour after lunch and am woken by the girls tapping on my shoulder.  So we head out again and walk along the beach, stop by a park for a ride on the swings, then walk the round trip along the beach front walking track.  A couple of hours in the fresh winter ocean air does wonders.

But I'm still planning tonights' drink and we stop by the shop on the way home and I get a six pack of beer and a bottle of wine.

I've already had the six pack and am onto the wine now.  Guess you can tell when I've been drinking?  Have followed the evening routine and put the girls to bed, now I am just sitting here drinking and typing into the laptop.  Have been trolling the net for more sites to share with and will try and find some followers/readers tonight so it doesn't feel so much like I'm talking to myself.
There are so many sites out there with genuine people who have already given away the booze, and how they are living fresh new lives without alcohol, like running or following Buddhism.
Remember, some personal rules like  No Drink on Saturdays are a great self-control starting point.
 Can't wait to have that time soon.
Should start a Links or Blogs I follow page.

3 comments:

  1. No-drink-on-Saturdays is a revolutionary idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your comment over at Laughing In Purgatory, and thought I'd visit.

    Best of luck to you in your endeavors. I have been in your place.

    "Have been trolling the net for more sites to share with and will try and find some followers/readers tonight so it doesn't feel so much like I'm talking to myself." Been there too.

    I'd like to invite you to S.W.O.G (Sober Without Gods) at http://lsrwashijacked.blogspot.com

    We have a 24/7 Chatroom, and good folk that's been there, and done that. Don't feel alone, come on by

    Ed

    ReplyDelete
  3. The very best of luck in your plans :) If you find some aspect of what AA does utterly ??? unfathomable or nonsensical you are very welcome to ask me :) as I found many things about it !!! baffling.
    But just so you know, AA does not !!!! require you to believe in any god to stay sober indefinitely. I have no clue what ??? 'god' is, never mind wether I actually believe in one, (!) and it hasn't stopped me staying sober in AA for over 20 years a day at a time.

    So just thought I would clear that up, :) as many (wrongly) conclude that the aa program of recovery says that aa members have to believe in a 'god' (whatever that is) to stay sober. Gawd if it were that simple, no priests would ever end up becoming alcoholic :)

    hehe
    gotta go. Best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete

Join my email list here