Procrastination

So I got out of bed eventually, as the wife and girls were getting dressed, and I put my breakfast on the table as the girls tumbled out the door.  They waved as they went down the driveway and I chomped on baked beans on toast. 

This morning I am free until a 3pm shift in the afternoon, and it is a perfect opportunity to go for a bike ride around the beaches and harbour.  But I know I probably won't.

It might be procrastination on my part, or being lazy, or just feeling depressed and lethargic.  Not sure but is just not worth worrying about yet, so I think I'll go back to bed for a bit of sleep and try again later like at noon.  At least I'm not hungover.

2 comments:

  1. Anyway, maybe didn't go that day but did go the next and today, so there is some glimmer of ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do and think very similar thoughts. Sometimes I think 'recovery' is bullshit and just an excuse. But in fact, we really are recovering from a lot of physical (don't even start me on the mental) trauma.

    Do what makes you happy and what you feel you need to do..."At least you're not hungover".

    ReplyDelete

Join my email list here