Little Isla

I felt love for these guys - but I sort of thought they were drunks too - I hope they are doing well and loving themselves...
Now I have been sober for nearly a hundred days again, it is time for me to start getting self righteous and pretentious as though this whole alcoholic caper is some simple lark I am just fooling about with.


But I am not and I am.

And alcoholic and a fucking bad alcoholic and whatever.

So it is a refreshing change to be bending and stretching with some limber vestal virgins doing the whole YOGA thing and feeling grateful that I am able to bend and stretch and not just bend and fold.

Here are some images of my daughters on holiday with me.

My wife is a fucking miracle and we went away for ten days to my fave old drinking and drugging place - Byron Bay.  I stayed sober the whole time - which was quite fucking remarkable - and just filmed and photog'ed my family.
we learned about diving under the waves his holiday

I feel so privileged to have such a magnificent family - even though I am a pathetic drunk.

I love them so much and hope I don't ever let them down again.

8 comments:

  1. How amazingly adorable! (Your daughter, I mean, not the band). A sober vacation, especially in a trigger zone (former drinking place) is an awesome accomplishment. If you're like me, you often don't give yourself full credit for the huge success each day without alcohol is- please don't do this! Celebrate and reward yourself and your successes!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not a pathetic drunk if you are being a good parent. :) Keep up the good work. http://www.sobrietycompanions.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well this made me cry. Did you know you had that power? Lol I am so happy for you. So so happy.
    Something you said here made me think of an article I just read about Phillip Seymour Hoffman and he said< "I had no interest in drinking in moderation. And I still don't. Just because all that times passed doesn't mean maybe this was just a phase. It wasn't. It's who I am." I think there is so much value in acknowledging honestly what our stuff is. Again, really happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yey!!! Well done you. Keep going for yourself and lovely family xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally an entry from you! I was so worried. What a relief to see that you are on the winning side. Congrats!! Keep up the good work. I need to get there too. Luv the pic of ur dtr. Adorable

    ReplyDelete
  6. You may be a drunk, when active, but pathetic....no.....you keep trying. So much to be said for that. I'm gonna be 50 in a few months. I have diabetes overweight, mother died from complications of diabetes, lost her sight, kidneys failed and yet, I have yet to lose the weight, deal with my diet and aim for health. We all have something to fight. I think it's more important to keep trying than anything. Just an opinion....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you. You are doing it one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It makes me so happy to read this, I have so regretted those last comments I made to you. It is so easy when we get distance from the struggle to forget the struggle and look with judgment at others still going through all the bad shit and putting the people they love through bad shit and call them selfish. I was selfish for 30+ years, well into my childrens' adulthood, you are so ahead of me mate, good on you!

    ReplyDelete

Join my email list here