Children are the future

In all seriousness, considering the disgraceful nonsense that has virtually ended my family, it is time for a Whitney Houston interlude.



Let me set the scene. 1986. Taffeta, the heady intoxicants of hairspray and maybe some fog-machine smoke, and Whitney's exhausting and indulgent reflections on how the next generation demands our respect and attention. My memory is of my 12 year old School Graduation, where for some reason my mother had me kitted out in a little tuxedo, and I was dancing with girls with braces and pimples and we would sort of just walk away from each other afterwards.

After the show, we wet to the beach with the mothers and the other kids and as we drove down to the beach my other had Whitney belting out her solo on the cassette deck. The words about loving yourself and having a sense of pride were ringing in my ears...

And to think back just last week, my mother having her lawyer send over a four page document featuring utterly false nonsense.

What would Whitney say...

5 comments:

  1. Whitney would say - crack is whack

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a gift of being able to paint a picture with your words. I felt like I was there! Growing up in the 80's, I guess I experienced a setting such as that one. Thanks for bringing me back!

    Man, I don't know how to comment on what is going on with your mother. It sucks, is about the best I can do! I'm glad you're putting You first and managing to stay above the nonsense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just went to court today and pushed for a full hearing - the date is set for the End of April. So I can stop blogging about this crap for a while.
    Apologies to everyone for straying away from the sober themes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with preparation for full hearing. But you see, you really didn't get away from sober themes because the amazing way that you write about the family issues speaks volumes about your sobriety! Isn't it good to know the truth and speak confidently about it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you believe Whitney has gone?

    ReplyDelete

Join my email list here