Tha Marijuana Post Part Two

Life moved on and marijuana came and went like fast food - it was just sort of there in the background. We mustn't forget alcohol was my first true love and she always stood by me day in day out. But smoking pot and having a lust for alcohol truly blossomed into a habit when I was at university.

I drank and I drank and I got stoned in between. Just that I wasn't going to that many lectures and I was losing motivation and momentum in my studies. So I left law school and just did philosophy and some history, but then that started to slide so soon enough I was suspended from study. That winter I just faded away from the university scene and dropped out altogether.


I lost touch with all the university up and comers and found myself tooling around with some other people who were basically at a loose end like me.  It was the lost weekend time, where I was at an age that it was still sort of OK to be finding myself and in between jobs. 

I was living by the beach in a narrow terrace and made sort of friends with some of the neighbours.
Long haired me riding a pushbike around town with a four litre cask in my backpack.  Doing odd landscaping jobs, just spending time without having to study and be somethings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Join my email list here