Enough

Hokusai the great wave
I have this image through my studio - on the walls
 - poster size - framed under glass - painted on
 fabric, postcards, coffee cups.  If I had a tattoo
it would probably be something like this - Hokusai - The Great Wave
I dropped out of university three times - four if you count the time I went back for two and a half years as a 26 year old studying English Teaching.

I failed, quit, didn't implement, couldn't stay the course, withdrew, resigned, ran away, escaped, fled - failed.

People still say it to me - my wife says it when her frustration bubbles over - I don't finish things - "you've always been a quitter!"

It's part of who I am - part of my chemistry - my core - my structure.  I can't go back and change it.

Wounded.  But running with the herd - despite my limp.  And carrying that silent shame of being a failure and drop out.  The understanding that I wasn't enough.

*

But I am enough.  You are enough.

There is a deep feeling of adequacy and completeness now.

I am enough.  You are enough.

We have been forged by the fire and by still being here - just by existing - we are enough.

For a 99c copy of my new book, enter your best email...

* indicates required


No comments:

Post a Comment

Join my email list here