Where's the White Fedora?

There was a police woman talking to my wife in the driveway when I drove up this afternoon. Had a court order from my mother for me to stay away for 12 months and not contact her. If I had my way I would prefer 30 years of staying away. By then she would be 97 and I would be the age she is now.

Last time I saw her, last weeks ago or so, i hugged her and we kissed and i whispered to her that I didn't do what they were accusing me of. And of course I didn't. But how can I categorically prove I didn't? Like a scene from Catch-22.

So we have to meet in court this coming Tuesday. My wife is calm and confident. She maintains we are passing trajectories, us on the way up and my mother and my sisters on the way down. I am learning how to forgive in real time, although I would love to place a withering curse on the sour witches...

It's all about getting the job done around here and staying focused on what we do best - NOT getting sucked into the whirling vortex of family shit that is a complete timesuck with riddles and questions for answers.

It's all about moving forward and being present and, well, just cool. Plus, we went out and bought a white shirt and some taupe trousers for me to wear to court. I looked for a white fedora and perhaps a walking cane (maybe also in white) but there were none. Keep you posted...

5 comments:

  1. Wow, 12 months? What on earth "have you done"?? I couldnt even get an AVO on a violent partner for more than 3.

    Wish I'd known you could do that to family members. I would have done it long ago.

    I'm glad you are staying out of the drama. Rock that look in court!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes God does for us what we cannot do for ourselves....here is proof. You may just have a year of peace coming along. Don't squander it, friend. Enjoy your new found sobriety and grow, grow, grow!
    ~S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, you want to be lovely and calm and (quietly) sympathetic to their drama-filled lives. You don't want to come across as too morally superior even though you should be. Just know you are in a good happy place, there are many years ahead and keeping things very simple at your end will make all that is to come much easier to manage. Take care, sounds very toxic and I'm sorry for that. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this crap, but I would like to thank you for the much-needed laugh I had at reading the last paragraph of your post.

    If you strike out at finding a fedora and cane, try Ebay. You'll definitely find them there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have lived with riddles and questions for answers, you are right, you can't live with them. It is so nice to leave it behind.

    ReplyDelete

Join my email list here