Steps to Simply Grateful

The Grateful List.  Spent the three days of the long weekend enjoying family and on a road trip to the mountains.  No alcohol for the first time in twenty years - this is like living another life.  Was fresh and walk/running each morning.

1. Grateful to have friends who lent us their house at short notice. 

2. Grateful for friends who have children a similar age to ours so the toys were perfectly relevant (and prompted one of my daughters to whisper "How come we don't have as many good toys as Kira?")

3. Grateful for the chance to walk the city and buy a couple of signed prints from two artists at the markets.

4. Grateful for taking the time to catch the monorail (I know it's a tourist trap, but the kids love it) and seeing the city through the eyes of a visitor.

5. Grateful for the chance to share Indonesian food with my family, and the kids for trying it.

6. Grateful for walking around the Botanic Gardens in the mountains, and for bearing with the chilly air.

7. Grateful for seeing my stairs, which I just completed in the backyard at home, compare with the stairs at the Botanic Gardens.
My 'recovery steps' literally built with the free time
from not being drunk/hungover on the weekends
Stairs at the Botanic Gardens, with my little pink daughter.

8. Grateful for eating out on a public Holiday and not having everyone have to watch me fill up on alcohol.  Grateful for being able to drive on the weekend, without worrying about being pulled over.

9. Grateful for watching the Grand Final sober, and going for a walk afterwards.

10 Grateful for being able to share my sober experiences with a loyal bunch of followers through this blog - it is such a great support, so thank you, you are officially part of the team!

2 comments:

  1. I think your little pink daughter really pulls the post together :)

    I love a gratitude list. Especially this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! Love those steps too! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Join my email list here