Being Normal

Two ears, one mouth - right? 

Part of being a member of the blogging community means I read a lot of other blogs and get close to other people's thoughts and musings by reading through their blogs. 
It is great being able to post here and have a loyal reader base who leave comments and follow where I'm at in my own journey - but it is even more important to be out there reading and leaving meaningful and insightful commentary on other people's blogs.

So I've tried to stick with the rule of leaving two comments out there for every post I write - that way I am giving what most bloggers want - some FEEDBACK for fucksake (it can be shockingly lonely poring over a post for hours, not self censoring your most private revelations and then - once you publish it and put it out there, there is like 0 comments sitting there after a few days.  Absolutely deafening who-gives-a-shit-silence)

Then there's being an alcoholic blogger as another sort of massive room silencer - you can see me popping up in a crafty-mother-frugality blog or a killer-abs-guy-doing-extreme-exercises blog and the readers going who is this stupid drunk?  Is he drunk when he wrote that or what?

Anyway, there are some other blogs out there and I would like to share with you a recent comment I left.  It was just fitting and I somehow scraped it out of the ether and it is - three great letters - apt.

This is the comment

Albert Camus noted  "Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be normal."
Addiction is something that privately curses you until you overcome it.
It is always devastating to see someone worn down by addiction.
Here's for all those struggling to survive with all sorts of addictions and hoping they can come over to sobriety and see it's not such a bad place.

You can read the post here

8 comments:

  1. Well said!! I always enjoy your insight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insightful comment, I like that -- I wish I had more time to comment, I get so much from reading recovery bloggers

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the words of the all time greatest band, Meatloaf (lol) "You Took The Words Right Out Of My Mouth". I, too, wander around blogland leaving traces that I've been there just to let them know it was worth their time to type out their heartbreak, or fear, or joy or anything else they want to share. Every day I think I don't have time to go wandering around the web reading, I need to be writing, I happen upon a blog that I was meant to read that day. Like today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great post and I feel ya'. I just started my blog pretty recently. I've had other blogs but as far as a recovery blog this is a first for me. So when I get no comments I'm like, well, shit. HA I always try to comment if I read something that I related to. Absolutely love your blog and actually linked to yours in my last post. Keep on writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I feel the discomfort often, I tend to end up in the midst of all of these different "genre" bloggers. Know what though, they just plain accept me. I don't know if it's because I tend to lay it all out here in the blogisphere or what but they're all wonderful so far. I've been to 2 blogger conferences recently which included events with alcohol and everyone went out of their way to be cool about things.

    I'll never be the same, not because of their perceptions but because of the disease and it will always make us a sort of unicorn won't it? But then as they say on Glee, a unicorn without it's horn is just a horse.

    I have been supported in so many ways by getting to know other sober bloggers over the last year, my recovery has been strengthened by seeing the world through their eyes at times.

    Thanks for being a part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your site accidentally and it's one of my daily reads now! Thanks, and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very well spoken. We clicked over to the original post... reading through the comments it looks like Eden was inquiring as to who posted those words. Have you connected with her?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing and commenting and coming by.

    ReplyDelete

Join my email list here